Folding bikes & compact bicycles by Brompton, Dahon, Tern & Montague
A folding bike is perfect for the space-challenged urban commuter, the weekend cyclist without a car rack, or anyone who needs portability from a bicycle. Small enough to fit in your closet, in the trunk of your car, or the luggage rack of a train, a fold up bike can be taken anywhere. Our selection of good quality folding bikes are easy to ride and easy to fold. In seconds, a fold up bike can match the size of a small suitcase and easily fit under your desk or in a corner.
The folding bicycles listed below are some of the best bikes for both avid commuters as well as beginners.
Starting at $1,251.00
- Most compact and portable folded size
- You will be able to take your bike anywhere - even fly with it
- Highest quality manufacturing, hand made in England
Starting at $550.00
- Nicely finished high quality frames and hinges
- You will be able to easily store your bike or take it with you
- Some of the best looking folding bicycles sold
Starting at $419.00
- Easily adjustable handlebars and comfortable setup
- Will be convenient and last for years
- Best selling folding bicycle worldwide
Starting at $659.99
- Full size frame, same size and shape as a regular bicycle
- Will feel just like riding a regular bicycle but you can still fold it for storage
- The strongest frame design of any folding bike
Starting at $799.00
- Eye-catching and award winning folding designs
- Will fold down easily for storage and transport
- Each bike also makes a fantastic conversation piece
What's it like to ride a folding bicycle?
Our selection of folding bicycles will be a pleasure to ride. We've picked only the best brands available to provide you a smooth, swift and safe riding experience.
The first time you ride your folding bike you may notice it's a little different than a regular bicycle, but not much. With smaller wheels the turning is a little more responsive. This makes it a bit easier to turn quickly if needed. With the added convenience of folding you will find yourself riding more often and spending more time enjoying the scenery than locking your bike up outside. Small wheels don't make you any slower. Many bikes we carry have multiple gears - some as many as a road bike! - and will be just as fast and good at hill climbing as a regular bicycle.
How does the folding work?
Modern folding bicycles use sophisticated hinges in the frame. When the bike is unfolded, ready to ride, these hinges lock in place securely. When you're ready to fold the hinges can be opened quickly allowing you to fold each bike in 15-20 seconds!
Starting at $1,950.00
- Add some motor power to your ride
- Enjoy a sweat free ride, feels like you have super legs
- Most folding bikes we sell can be electrified